Targa Tas 2012

For those still looking, it is sad to report that with one day to go all the Frenchies are amongst the cars that Targa Tassie ate.

The Renault Megane 250 competing in the Showroom category had an off 11km into TS27 Mt Roland (effectively the reverse of the Cethana stage) earlier today, the crew are reported as OK.

Here's hoping that the entries currently out of the game can get going for tomorrow. And that all those still in the game at Strahan tonight, have a safe Day 4 to the finish in Hobart!

Reports to us are that the Luthi A110 has broken a throttle cable and they are out.
Personally I thought this would be an easy fix, but apparently they have retired.

According to his Facebook page, Adam Spence has moved into 2nd in his class. Although he is driving a BMW, he is still a frenchie at heart with a number of Renault & a Citroen to his name.

Just back from Strahan overnight. The only Frenchie still going is the Sims' Peugeot 306 which was extremely well decalled out.

Reports to us are that the Luthi A110 has broken a throttle cable and they are out.
Personally I thought this would be an easy fix, but apparently they have retired.

That sounds like exactly the same problem that caused them to retire on the penultimate stage of the 2010 Targa Tas.

According to his Facebook page, Adam Spence has moved into 2nd in his class. Although he is driving a BMW, he is still a frenchie at heart with a number of Renault & a Citroen to his name.

I was going to say that I hoped Adam and Tracey finished where they were, or better, last night. But didn't want to tempt fate. :)

So it is good to report that Adam Spence and Tracy Button in a BMW 130i managed to stop a Mazda clean sweep of the showroom class by finishing in second place. Congratulations and well done!

Showroom Category final placings.
1st, 977 Evans/Evans, Mazda 3 MPS 35:46

2nd, 922 Spence/Button, BMW 130i, 56min 56sec

3rd, 933 Sutcliffe/Mckay, Mazda MX5, 1hr 11min 33sec

Just back from Strahan overnight. The only Frenchie still going is the Sims' Peugeot 306 which was extremely well decalled out.

Thanks for the report they were still going. They set some quite good times over the stages today, so good to see them persist with the car to get it over the line in Hobart.

I was going to say that I hoped Adam and Tracey finished where they were, or better, last night. But didn't want to tempt fate. :)

So it is good to report that Adam Spence and Tracy Button in a BMW 130i managed to stop a Mazda clean sweep of the showroom class by finishing in second place. Congratulations and well done!

Showroom Category final placings.
1st, 977 Evans/Evans, Mazda 3 MPS 35:46

2nd, 922 Spence/Button, BMW 130i, 56min 56sec

3rd, 933 Sutcliffe/Mckay, Mazda MX5, 1hr 11min 33sec

The BMW is part of the Mx5racing/Targa Racing team, so the third placed guy was a team mate of Adam's. They prepare and lease a number of MX5's for the various Targa events.

Hi Guys,

Yes we got to the end. :) By far our best result. Really backed off once we had daylight both in front of us and also behind us to 3rd position.

Got a few ideas on how to improve for the next event so lets see how we go.

Cheers
Adam

G'day,
congratulations, well done.:dance:

Any pics?

Good luck for next year. :banana::banana:

:afplak:​

There will be some pictures on my Website shortly. redbackracing.com.au

But here is one I found today :)

Attachments

• BMW TT12.jpg
    BMW TT12.jpg