MAP UPDATES for Renault Koleos RLink

MikeWerribeeVic

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi everyone,
I just bought a second-hand 2019 Renault Koleos, the GPS Maps are over 2 years out-of-date, and Renault Australia have not helped much so far.
I created a MyRenailt Account, went to the RLink Store and they seem to be offering me TomTom for about $80... don't mind paying... BUT... this part of the website is not translating from French to English.
Does anyone know if TomTom will work on an Australian Koleos?
Or any other way to get recent updates successfully?
(I will follow the booklet update tomorrow, just found the right page, but I hear that TomTom is much better).

Cheers, Mike.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-29 18.11.01.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-29 18.11.01.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 19
G'day, and welcome to AF... :)
Rlink is a constant PITA ! have a look through these couple of threads....
could be important to check out the head update first.
Bob

G'day, and welcome to AF... :)
Rlink is a constant PITA ! have a look through these couple of threads....
could be important to check out the head update first.
Bob
Thanks Bob. :)

Hi everyone,
I just bought a second-hand 2019 Renault Koleos, the GPS Maps are over 2 years out-of-date, and Renault Australia have not helped much so far.
I created a MyRenailt Account, went to the RLink Store and they seem to be offering me TomTom for about $80... don't mind paying... BUT... this part of the website is not translating from French to English.
Does anyone know if TomTom will work on an Australian Koleos?
Or any other way to get recent updates successfully?
(I will follow the booklet update tomorrow, just found the right page, but I hear that TomTom is much better).

Cheers, Mike.
Well, after inaccurate advice from Renault, Australia/UK/France, usually saying: "Go to your local Dealer”, I searched around for many hours and found my solution:

Go to the AUSTRALIAN Rlink Store: https://au.rlinkstore.com/ Renault Australia sent me to the French Store, which was a PITA!

Create your account with: Email, Password.

Go to your MY GARAGE option and add your car type and VIN Number.

Once your car is recognised: You can view all the Apps/Services you should have under the MY SERVICES Tab. Any available Updates under My Updates.

Under CATALOGUE OF SERVICES Tab on Main Page, you can View any Services that are available for Purchase under the ESSENTIAL Tab (eg. TomTom Traffic Alerts) or available extra options such as Calculator, Emergence Call etc under the USEFUL INFORMATION Tab. I advise you UNTICK the Maps Europe option to save time and USB space!

At the top of the Main Page, click on the WHAT TO DO Tab and you will get full instructions on how to FORMAT AN EMPTY USB (at least 16Gb), HOW TO ACCESS and TRANSFER YOUR APPS TO THE USB, HOW TO LAOD THEM INTO YOUR Rlink in your Renault. Use the TOOLBOX FOR WINDOWS at the bottom of this page to Download RLink Toolbox to your computer which is essential for processing the Apps to the Formatted USB to then transfer to your RLink System.

Once all the Apps are on the USB, Go to your car, Start it, and keep it running (in a well-ventilated area!!) while the Apps first Transfer (2 minutes) and then Load (about 30 to 45 minutes, depending on how many you need to Update/Upload). The Rlink notifications at the top of the screen will list any Notifications so you can tell when all Apps are finalised and you can clear the list of Notifications.

I checked after all this to see if the new Railway Bridge just near me, which was not showing yesterday, was listed... IT IS! It was finalised about a year ago so the Maps must be fairly up to date now.

(Some Images are attached to help)

Cheers, MICHAEL.

Attachments

• RLink REGISTER 1.png
    RLink REGISTER 1.png
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 18
  • My Apps 1.jpg
    My Apps 1.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 16
  • My Apps 2.png
    My Apps 2.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Essential Apps 1.png
    Essential Apps 1.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Useful Information Apps.png
    Useful Information Apps.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Format Install 1.png
    Format Install 1.png
    283.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Format Install 2.png
    Format Install 2.png
    315.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Toolbox 2.png
    Toolbox 2.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 19
Well, after inaccurate advice from Renault, Australia/UK/France, usually saying: "Go to your local Dealer”, I searched around for many hours and found my solution:

Go to the AUSTRALIAN Rlink Store: https://au.rlinkstore.com/ Renault Australia sent me to the French Store, which was a PITA!

Create your account with: Email, Password.

Go to your MY GARAGE option and add your car type and VIN Number. ...........................................................................

Cheers, MICHAEL.
Thanks Michael, that's very clear information.
I know I went through the procedure shortly after I purchased our second hand 2019 Koleos in 2021, I remember it was successful also.
I've been telling myself to do it again because the maps are getting out of date, good reminder.
BTW I seem to remember that the Renault maps are actually TomTom, and I didn't have to pay for the update, was that correct?
I mean, if you can update your car's GPS at home at low or no cost, that is a feather-in-the-cap for Renault, most cars you have to pay somehow.
Cheers
Chris.

I know I went through the procedure shortly after I purchased our second hand 2019 Koleos in 2021, I remember it was successful also.
I've been telling myself to do it again because the maps are getting out of date, good reminder.
BTW I seem to remember that the Renault maps are actually TomTom, and I didn't have to pay for the update, was that correct?
I mean, if you can update your car's GPS at home at low or no cost, that is a feather-in-the-cap for Renault, most cars you have to pay somehow.
Cheers
Chris.
My Renault Latitude is Tom tom. 14 years ago I wanted to upgrade my Toyota Kluger maps and was quoted $400. I didn't do it.

Cheers
Chris.
Thanks Chris,
I just downloaded TomTom, cost me about $100 for a year. Haven't activated it in the car yet. I believe they give up-to-date traffic alerts which the In Car GPS doesn't... will see if anything different appears when I reactivate it in the car.
Michael.

I just paid for TomTom Traffic Alerts. So, as soon as I turned the car on, TomTom was available as part of the GPS Screen, it was automatically reactivated and I didn't need to use the USB. Digital Services comes with it and so now all the Options and Apps and so on are now visible on the Apps screen. :)

My Renault Latitude is Tom tom. 14 years ago I wanted to upgrade my Toyota Kluger maps and was quoted $400. I didn't do it.
Don't blame you. Crazy price!
Thanks Chris,
I just downloaded TomTom, cost me about $100 for a year. Haven't activated it in the car yet. I believe they give up-to-date traffic alerts which the In Car GPS doesn't... will see if anything different appears when I reactivate it in the car.
Michael.
I just paid for TomTom Traffic Alerts. So, as soon as I turned the car on, TomTom was available as part of the GPS Screen, it was automatically reactivated and I didn't need to use the USB. Digital Services comes with it and so now all the Options and Apps and so on are now visible on the Apps screen. :)